Laxatives [sp?] Maybe TMI

Does anyone know of a really really good laxative?
I have tried some like the teas and lots and lots of fiber, but they dont work.
Please let me know.

I need help ASAP. I have only been going 'number 2' like once a week, or once every two weeks.

Its starting to make me sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• Miralax is an excellent laxative. My grandson takes it daily. He had a bowel obstruction last dec. There are lots of others. Some cause cramping some do not.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• correctol
    Anonymous

• miralax is the best one i know of. its doesnt usually cause cramping and works with in 24hours typically.
    if you happen to be pregnant and thats whats causing your constapation check with your doctor first.
    oh and drink lots and lots of water. believe it or not it helps also try using a stool softner.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I use Karo syrup. I add 2 tsps to some apple or pear juice and the kids normaly go within a couple hours. My youngest had alot of problems with his BM's so I had to do this everyother day to keep him regular and when he didn't go for a week I used supositories.

Caster oil also works
    tajmomma137

Answer by tajmomma137 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My son uses Miralax as well when he gets stopped up. You may want to talk to your doctor if you're having gastro problems. There could be something more serious causing it....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• fleet supository sorry but you push them up instead of swallowing. they do not cause the cramps that lax does
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008