How do I get rid of these vines??

I have nasty, thorny vines in my back yard, and I want to get them taken care of before they take over. I have no green thumb. What can I do to get rid of them? Thanks!!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 9:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• For a natural solution, use boiling hot water will kill them with in a few days (and the grass around them, beware and becareful), then dig up the roots and try to get it all so it can't come back.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 11:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You can buy killer that will kill everything. Home Depot can help you.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Get a weed killer and make sure you kill the roots. You might want to find out what it is just to double check and make sure the weed killer you get will kill it. Most stores that carry garden supplies can help you find what you need and some can help you identify the vine to make sure you have the right stuff.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Cut them down, then dig up the roots.
    Anonymous

• The weed killer we found works best is Roundup. It goes through the leaves to the roots. I would cut the vine back and spray what is left at the root.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• for stubborn vines you have to rip out as much as you can and get the proper stuff to kill it and actually paint it on the roots, soak it in.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010