Do single moms realy deserve more credit than the mom who is married??

Just interested in your opinions...

Miss_Angela

Asked by Miss_Angela at 9:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Omigosh, YES is my vote. I cannot even imagine doing it alone. I am so thankful I have my husband to help, especially at night when they are sick and no one sleeps. Single moms are simply amazing to me.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nope, no matter who you are, if you choose to have a kids, there is a chance you may end up a single parent for many reasons. It's hard both ways, both different, but one is not neccesarily easier than the other.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i think moms in general all need the full amount of credit it's not easy being a single mom or a married mom...people think that just cuz your married it's a walk in the park it's not...just like it's not easy being a single mommy...ALL MOMMY's ROCK as long as your a good mommy thats all that matters...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The "good" single moms do... I mean my husband barely helps out with the kids and house, but he does do a few things that I dont I have to do... but a single mom still would, and she really wouldnt have the chance to be a stay at home mom if she wanted to be, when married moms have a better chance of being sahm...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think so. I have been both I was single for a long time and now I am in a wonderful relationship and planning to get married. It is harder to be a single mom you have to do daddy and mommy jobs. For instance try potty training a boy!! you don't have boy parts to give him an example on how to pee. Now that I am with this amazing man I feel less stress and have more help with guy things that I have a harder time doing.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 10:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i've been a single mother and now i'm a married stay home mom. either way i think it's hard and a struggle. i think every one should get credit for what they do regardless of marrital status.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 10:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• YES! I'm a married stay at home mom of 2, it's not easy, but my sister is a signal mom of 4 and she doesn't everything herself. She doesn't even get child support.
    I can't believe what she goes through. I wish she lived closer so I could help more. She does everything on her own, with little education thanks to our mother home schooling us. I give her all the credit in the world!!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 10:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My personal view

One does not deserve more credit than the other.. Not simply because they are married or single.

I base merit or give credit based on the individual, not their marital status.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have all the respect in the world for single moms doing it on their own but all moms who make their children top priority deserve loads of credit.
    tough_mom_of_3

Answer by tough_mom_of_3 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• There are also Moms with Husbands that are gone a month at a time working away from home.(That would me for one)
    I was a single Mom, before we met, and I'm doing the same things now as I was then, the only difference is income, because of his... I'm very thankful for that, but I know that I could do it on my own if something happened.... I think it's always good to be prepared.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010