Do single moms realy deserve more credit than the mom who is married??

Just interested in your opinions...

Asked by Miss_Angela at 9:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Omigosh, YES is my vote. I cannot even imagine doing it alone. I am so thankful I have my husband to help, especially at night when they are sick and no one sleeps. Single moms are simply amazing to me.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nope, no matter who you are, if you choose to have a kids, there is a chance you may end up a single parent for many reasons. It's hard both ways, both different, but one is not neccesarily easier than the other.

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i think moms in general all need the full amount of credit it's not easy being a single mom or a married mom...people think that just cuz your married it's a walk in the park it's not...just like it's not easy being a single mommy...ALL MOMMY's ROCK as long as your a good mommy thats all that matters...

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The "good" single moms do... I mean my husband barely helps out with the kids and house, but he does do a few things that I dont I have to do... but a single mom still would, and she really wouldnt have the chance to be a stay at home mom if she wanted to be, when married moms have a better chance of being sahm...

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think so. I have been both I was single for a long time and now I am in a wonderful relationship and planning to get married. It is harder to be a single mom you have to do daddy and mommy jobs. For instance try potty training a boy!! you don't have boy parts to give him an example on how to pee. Now that I am with this amazing man I feel less stress and have more help with guy things that I have a harder time doing.

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 10:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i've been a single mother and now i'm a married stay home mom. either way i think it's hard and a struggle. i think every one should get credit for what they do regardless of marrital status.

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 10:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• YES! I'm a married stay at home mom of 2, it's not easy, but my sister is a signal mom of 4 and she doesn't everything herself. She doesn't even get child support.
    I can't believe what she goes through. I wish she lived closer so I could help more. She does everything on her own, with little education thanks to our mother home schooling us. I give her all the credit in the world!!

Answer by at 10:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My personal view

One does not deserve more credit than the other.. Not simply because they are married or single.

I base merit or give credit based on the individual, not their marital status.

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have all the respect in the world for single moms doing it on their own but all moms who make their children top priority deserve loads of credit.

Answer by tough_mom_of_3 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• There are also Moms with Husbands that are gone a month at a time working away from home.(That would me for one)
    I was a single Mom, before we met, and I'm doing the same things now as I was then, the only difference is income, because of his... I'm very thankful for that, but I know that I could do it on my own if something happened.... I think it's always good to be prepared.

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010