Anybody ever had any success with adopting a pet from the pound into their family?

Miss_Angela

Asked by Miss_Angela at 10:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pets

• YES! A dog from the shelter will be your Best Friend:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yes. pound pets are wonderful. plus is saves a life. most animals don't make it 2 weeks in a pound. 3 if they are luck.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 10:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, but everytime I adopt from a rescue or pound I keep hem separae for a few days. They always catch bordaella even though they were vaccinated.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• WE always adopt dogs from shelters and rescues. Theyhave been wonderful pets. And healthy too. I would never buty from a breeder. Rescue puppies and dogs are just that---in need of rescue.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am a foster for a major rescue in minneapolis and it's very common for them to come in with worm issues and bordatlla even though they are completley vet treated. It's just something to look for. I've been doing this a long time. But by all means rescues save a lot of dogs!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• YES. pound animals WANT to please you and can be easier to train because of it...its a wonderful thing to do : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• most of my animals have come from the pound or off the street.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Absolutely! All my little furchildren (cats) are someone else's unwanteds, either adopted from the shelter or found on the streets. My dearest little cat Samantha who we had to have put to sleep in 2008 came from the county pound and was such a beautiful, loving, and well-behaved kitty. She was part of our family for many years, and we miss her so much. She was the first pet we adopted from the shelter.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yes and 6weeks later we had 5 puppies too lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Our dog was adopted from the shelter and she was up to date on all her shots, she was fixed, and she was perfectly healthy. We've had no problems with her, and we've had her for over a year and a half. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2010