Early?

I am *32* weeks preggo.. I have been on bedrest for quite some time (3 months or more) and I have been *nesting* like crazy the past few days.. I have a TON more energy than usual (still tired but not as exhausted as I have been). I have been on medicine to help pre term labor.. pills and injections.. I also was given the steroid shot to help develop his lungs, etc. whats your stories of early delivery and complications (during delivery and if any with baby after?)

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had a baby at 32 weeks. i was experiencing contractions, but because they didn't hurt i didn't think they were contractions. Anyhow...my baby stayed in the nicu with no major problems for 26 days. i had a lot of emotional stress going on at the time, and i believe that is why he came early. he started kindergarten this year, and what a cutie!!! he had lung/ breathing issues in the nicu. i think he truly just needed more time with me, feeling me and my heart! he is a shorty, but so am i,so i don't know if that is because he was early. when he gets a cold his cough always sounds tight, and i think that is just the way he is, but it may have something to do with him being early.
    be sure to follow dr's orders mama. it is hard having a baby in the nicu! i think you are very close to being "out of the woods" and i truly wish you the best of luck, health and happiness!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had some preterm labor with my current pregnancy. I did not take any meds, but I went on partial bed rest for 4 weeks. I'm 37.5 weeks pregnant now and in prodromal labor.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010