The husband relationship with his parents?

My hubby is VERY close to his parents. its a little RIDICULOUS at times.. His dad is an EXTREMELY opinionated man, rude, always making comments when he has NO reason to say anything at all.. I just cant stand how much I have to deal with his parents. they live 5 min tops away from us and sometimes I just want one freaking day without seeing them..ONE.?? is that too much to ask?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• That would drive me nuts. Too bad you don't have a MIL who respects you as a wife and points out to hubby that perhaps he needs to spend less time with them and more time with you. I am so thankful that my MIL lives on the opposite coast from us.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sounds like you need to have a talk with HUBBY, about "House-holds".
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yeah tell your hubby how you feel
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Your husband needs to know how you feel. Everyday is a bit much. Tell him you would like to see them a little less, not to mention that his dad isn't exactly the best role model in the world. Either that, or you want to move.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You and my hubby should meet up. He feels the same. We just grew up differently. My family is very close. He can't understand it because his family is "every man for himself once you've been kicked out the nest". I know my parents aren't getting any younger and I don't want to be one of those people who regret neglecting their parents when It's too late. They only want to be a part of our journey, sometimes live vicariously through us - like when they were our age, had their first child etc. And yes, unfortunately most men get grumpy as they grow older. My dad also has his moments but I don't see that side of him. I see the man who taught me to ride a bike . I cherish my DH because even though he doesn't understand it... HATES it even, he still tries to accept that I feel very strongly about this, and doesn't expect me to cut ties with them. THAT's one of the things that makes him a good husband
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 7:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Talk to your husband about it. Let him know that, while you appreciate his family being so close, that you'd like to spend some time with just him and your child(ren).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• @ Cazzy.. dont you think that although your husband repects that you are that close.. you should respect him for not wanting to have them around 24/7? it sounds more like he is rolling over and just deals with it, with NO bend from you.. Parents get old.. yes i know I love my parents and I am very close to them also but I GREW UP and have a family of my OWN that i dont NEED my parents to be apart of EVERY aspect of my journey..
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010