need your opinion gals on this just need to know the chances???

My daughter at 28 wks was head down then at 30 wks breech then at 32 wks head down and stayed that way. My son who I am pregnant with now is breech and has not turned head down through any sono I have had. I'm on bed rest and the baby is constantly monitored. When they checked him when I was going into labor 33 wks and 6 days he was still breech with his head facing my spine. They are taking him at 36 wks due to him already having steroid shots and him measuring the way he is. He has been in my ribs and I mean under them since I was 31 wks pregnant so they think he is big and I may not be able to handle him being so big he is measuring almost 6 pds now and my daughter was 5pds 5 and a half at 38 wks. So basically what I'm asking is what is the chance he will be head down at 36 wks when they take him I'm really scared of a c-section. The doc says as it stands on Tues 19th if he hasn't turned I'm looking at a c-section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sry dont know what to say about that one sweetie never been in that type of position i hope everything goes well for you tho and hope for the best , Good Luck! BUMP!
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• He can turn at any time, even during labor. FYI: 5 and 6 lbs. are smaller babies.
    They are inducing you at 36 weeks because of an estimated size?!?! Not only could your EDD be off by 2 weeks in either direction, but weight estimations are notorious for being inaccurate. That sounds scary to me.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• There is always a chance that he will be head down
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• With you being on bed rest, that definitely doesn't help. Walking is the most natural way to get the baby to turn head down. Honestly, I wouldn't consent to a c-section early. Ultrasounds can be off as much as 2 pounds!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree with Erin and lilmomma.

Get on your hands and knees...that position can sometimes cause babies to turn.

And at 36 weeks, your baby could be like a 34 weeker. That is absolutely not good. I would say no...and wait until at least 40 weeks. Nothing is medically wrong for you to be having a section that damn early. And the weights can be way off. Not to mention 5 lbs at 38 weeks is tiny. and 6 pounds estimated is also tiny.

That doctor sounds nuts. No reason to schedule a section. wait until labor starts naturally after the critical mark and have it if he hasn't turned.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Sorry~ I am confused: What is the reason for your cesarean?

If you don't have a medical reason they you can certainly avoid it!
    I would recommend that for the healthy & safety of your baby & yourself.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm with these guys. I'd have some questions for your doc. Why are they going in so early?? These are not big babies, plus, ultrasounds at this point are said to be plus or minus TWO POUNDS, which makes a HUGE difference when babies only weigh about 7 pounds at birth!
    Sadly, few docs will deliver a breech baby vaginally these days, so hopefully he will turn. I'm just confused why they're so worried about his size.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010