Celiac Disease?

Anyone have Celiac Disease? I was recently diagnosed and just wondering if you guys had some interesting recipes to share. Also, do you guys feel healthier now that gluten has been completely cut out of your diet?

Thanks in advance for all the help!!

Mom2Many1999

Asked by Mom2Many1999 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• You should go to pecanbread.com. It is a website full of recipes that are gluten-free and based on the specific carbohydrate diet. I don't have Celiac but my son is gluten-free due to autism and many food sensitivities.

Bob's Red Mill brand is great for baking mixes. You can make gluten-free breads, cakes and cookies that are really delicious. I have also heard that Udi's bread products are very good too, but haven't tried them.

Almost everything you like before going gluten-free can be made gluten-free...because they have so many replacements now. Hope that helps.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm not a celiac but I am gluten free. Yes I feel a lot better. There is a celiac group on here with lots of recipes. I substitute rice flour in baking. Corn flakes for breading. There are many different rice & corn pastas available too.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010