What was your labor and delivery like?

BraythansMom

Asked by BraythansMom at 10:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DD was sunny side up, so I had 100% back labor! I had her in a birthing center with a midwife, not a hospital. and bc she was facing the wrong way my labor started and stopped a lot. I started having contractions on a Weds and had regular contractions for 22 hours. I was supposed to see my midwife Thrusday, but she had to cancel for another woman in labor. By Thrus afternoon contractions stopped. Started again about midnight. Met with midwife at 6:30 Fri morning and I was 7cm. The birthing tub so messing up so I had to wait for DH to try to fix it. I got in and the midwives were pouring hot water in the tub to try to get the temp up to 100 degrees, around 8 Started pushing and 9ish dd was born! I loved the water birth experience. The midwives were so nice. they just left me alone and let me do my own thing. And after dd was born they cleaned her and all that on my chest, so I got to hold her for about half an hour!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I was brought in to be induced, but went into labor on my own. I very quickly started to have bad contractions and was told by a nurse that I was still in the first stage a labor. Thinking it was going to get a lot worse I asked for an epidural after sitting in the hot tub a little while. My midwife checked me right after I was given then epidural and it turns out I was 9cm. If I had known that was as bad as it would get, I wouldn't have gotten the epidural, althouth the epi was wonderful! I was in labor five hours. I pushed for 15 mins. My husband delivered our son. I wound up with four stitches. it was way easier than I expected!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Pretty easy. Contractions started at 12:00pm. Got to the docs office around 2:30. Went to get admitted. Got into a room. Labored. After 2.5 pushes, he was born at 7:01pm. No pain meds.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGGGG.......i was in labor for over 30 hours and then i pushed for 3 hours...but i would do it over and over again for my sweet baby girl : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• well i have 3 children preg. with #4 and my first one everything went as planned, seccond, i had alot of water when i was preg and was an emergency preg! and was somewhat an easy delivery came out after 5 or 6 pushes, great right! and my daughter i had a difficult time with her, pain was unimaginable and delivery has been better, please note that my first 2 i had ripped, wich is not a plesant feeling but i hope that all goes well with your preg if any, and hope for the best!
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• they were all pretty easy : )
    i wish you the best of luck!
    my advice is to not think about what is happening and let your body do what it needs to do!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My 1st it was almost 18 hours until he finally came out! My 2nd was only about 4 hours and my last was less than 40 minutes!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• well with my first kid i was induced because my blood pressure was high i was in labor like 14 hours n pushed for like an hour she was huge 10 lbs 9 oz after having her i was so weak when they tried to have me get up i almost blacked out but with my 2ND kid i got induced again to prevent her from getting as big this time it was to fast when she was born she was in shock and swallowed a bunch of fluid n wasn't breathing she doing great now though

luckygurl17

Answer by luckygurl17 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010