how do u date a men that never stick up for u???

my man is really anti -social, and has a hard time to speak up... but when we are alone, he has no prob lipping me off if needed.
but when his family has something wrong to say about me, i just want him to speak up for me...

myhotelsitter

Asked by myhotelsitter at 10:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• NO. ABSOLUTELY NO. A MAN should STICK UP and PROTECT his territory. Whatever his territory he should uphold, protect, and defend. If he can't or won't, he may need some counseling, or have to deal with childhood issues that may cause him to act in a cowardly, standoffish way... He may need some healing to help him become the man that he really is... despite any circumstances!!
    Miss_Angela

Answer by Miss_Angela at 11:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• he is abusive. dont ignore the red flags there is no excuse. even if you love him. get counseling if u r serious trust me i am in a situation now that started just liek that
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 10:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Simply stated.

I wouldn't continue to date a man who treated me that way.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• he's not anti-social he just wants you to believe that so you'll "understand" why he doesn't bother to speak up for you. he's verbally abusive and lets his family be disrespectful. F that.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If my man can not have my back, I DO NOT WANT HIM ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Come to my profile, if you feel you need help ♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Luckily you aren't married. Instead of trying to change the way he acts why don't you just change the type of man you are dating.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You could also drop him like a bad habit.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I wouldnt date a man like that.... he really fits the description of a boy, not a man.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• He may be shy, but he sounds like he could treat somebody bad. I wouldn't put up with it.You shouldn't either. More than likely, he will never change. If he can't back you up now, he never will.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Leave him
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 12:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2010