Dermablend?

Have you/do you use it? Do you like it? I was reading all the raves about it online and how great it was, so I tested some out at the department store....didn't think too highly of it. I even put the "tattoo cover up" make-up on a freckle on my arm to see how good it was, and it didn't even cover that! What has your experience with the products been?

HaydensMama07

Asked by HaydensMama07 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to work in cosmetics and although it can help conceal things, they do not have a great selection of colors (unless they put more out) but the key is to dab and not spread, its best to use a make up brush and dab outward. This is why it is super important to get a great match. Estee lauder also has a comoflauge make up, not much color variety but a little cheaper and same coverage. Good luck :) Oh and make sure the area is thoroughly moisturized so the makeup will stick better and not appear cracked especially because it is so heavy.
    NalimalanisMom

Answer by NalimalanisMom at 11:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Dermablend used to only be available thru a dermatologists office. I can't believe it is still being used and over the counter. It works great and used to be really expensive. It literally will cover up everything when you use it correctly. After a couple uses you will get used to the consistency and figure out just how to blend it well. Reading your post, I wonder if the company cheapened it up a bit to get more people to buy it. 3 tubes cost about $100 25 years ago, to me that is still expensive today.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It still is kind of pricey. I don't really have anything major to cover, just thought I'd give it try. I have feckles (that are pretty light) that I don't like, but seem to be ok to others. I just wanted to try it out and see what all the rave was about. Maybe next time I'll have one of the consultants put it on me and show me more. I moisturize and use a sponge when applying make-up as it is now(can't stand to use my fingers/hands), so maybe i should give it another try....Thanks for the input ladies!
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• When I worked for Hooters we had to use it to cover up any visable tattoos and I loved it.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 9:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2010