How to get the hubby to part ways with his "toys"

My hubby is a HUGE player of the video games, movie addict and collects figures.. all kinds, dragons, base ball, football, movie, etc etc. We have a 3 bedroom house.. which should be fine for a 3 member about to be a 4 member family?? NO WAY my living room is covered one whole wall of dvds, my 3rd bedroom is full of his stuff from art to movie posters to random figures to whatever you could think of.. Now i have to use my dining room for the kids playroom so i could split our daughters bedroom in half to make room for our new additions bed rocker dresser etc. my kitchen is already small but now we had to fit a table in there so we would have a place to eat. any suggestions on how to get him to lt go of some of these toys of his?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Room for the children should come before hobbies. If he cannot see that, then he has a problem. Ask him which is more important...him or his children?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Ask him if he would move them into a storage area. I have tons of stuff and I have rented a small storage unit to keep it all. I am the gamer and movie collector in this house.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My hubby is the same way. I asked him to part with the stuff he didn't absolutely need/want (posters, crap that was missing parts or broken), then moved stuff to the basement.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• have him watch "Clean Sweep" or "Clean House" with you. Maybe he will take the hint...
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 7:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Withhold sex until he cleans it out.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2010