my husband, court, childs name?

i want to name my son when i have one Micah Giovanni...well my husband doesnt want me to name him that...is there any legal documents sayin that he can take me to court and fight for the name of the baby?

krystalmarie857

Asked by krystalmarie857 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't kow, but why would you want to name your child something that your DH is so against......it is his child too, ya know? How would you feel if he named the child something you despised?
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• He can't make you change the name since the name is up to the mother. But, if you really love your DH, not trying to agree on a name will cause huge problems in your marriage. do you really want to kill your relationship with your DH over a name?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• don't think so! Whoever happens to be filling out the paperwork at the hospital can pick the name, but it can always be changed. I'm not sure if both mom and dad need to okay that though.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It is his child too, why shouldn't he have some say on the name as well? I don't see going to court over a name even if you can.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• he wants to name him after him...and i dont like that because he has problems with his fathers debt and everything coming on his credit stuff...sooo i dont want my son to have that happen to him...
    krystalmarie857

Comment by krystalmarie857 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i think you both should stop being stubborn control freaks and find a name you can both agree on. what's going to happen when you actually have to parent the child??
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i understand that! my brother has been having the same problems. have you thought about compermising? using his name as a middle and one of your names as the first? i'm not sure what your hubbys name is so i don't know if you tried that. but why did you pick those names? just wondering. we named our oldest, which is a girl after her grandfathers, our dads. it comes out as charlie john. charana janee. maybe you could find another name that means the same as your husbands. we have a friend who named her one child raven and the other corben. corben is another for of raven. hope it works out.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Credit goes off of your SSN not your name....
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i like Micah Giovanni...his name is John Michael...sooo MIcah and Michael is close...
    krystalmarie857

Comment by krystalmarie857 (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• because my husband is a jr...all his fathers stuff went on his credit...the sn numbers didnt meet up they just seen the same name and thought it was my husbands
    krystalmarie857

Comment by krystalmarie857 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2010