what do u think of the teen mom shows?

what are you views on the teen pregnancy shows teen mom, 16 and pregnant, and secret life... do you think they promote teen pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Not the real teen mom show on mtv. never watched the others but it makes kids realize that its not all fun and games raising a child
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I do not think they promote it. I think they really show how tough it is to raise a child being so young and all by yourself.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don't think they promote it. I think they show how much work, time and energy you have to put in to being a parent. Or how your life goals and plans have to change. How tough it is to continue to go to school and have a child ect.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Secret life has horrible acting and I can't stand watching it so I don't, so I can't say whether it promotes it or not. Teen mom shows the hardships of being a teen mom but also makes it seems a little easier than usual. Like I know they get paid for the show, but they don't say that, it just makes it seems like it's easy for Amber to not have a job, yet afford her own place and a car, and raise a kid.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I use to watch Secret Life, but wow the acting is horrible and made it hard to watch so I stopped. I watch Teen Mom occassionally and include my boys, I think honestly you use it as a teaching too. I know they get paid too, but they don't disclose it. just like they don't on most reality shows. Being paid to be on tv does probably make a difference in their lives, but it also does do a good job of showing that its not all fun and games. Since I have boys, my goal is to make sure they understand its not just the girls responsibility and it will have an impact on their life. I teach them about protection not just from pregnancy but from STD's, I also think its important to get their opinions. I use the show and ask them questions about how they feel or think about what is happening. Tv is what you make of it, somethings aren't great for kids, but somethings offer a great opportunity to explain reality.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The show illustrates what is wrong with our culture. The kids don't realize how difficult life is going to be for them in the future, when mom and dad can't pay their expernses.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've seen these shows and I don't think they promote teen pregnancy. I think they show how hard it can be to raise a baby while being a teen. It's not all fun and games like some teens think. My daughter and I watch Secret Life together and we discuss things that come up on the show. You can really use these shows as a teaching tool especially if you what them with your teen.
    stedim

Answer by stedim at 11:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think teen mom is a good tool for teens to see how it is being pregnant and having a baby. You see hardships and good times. You see how much work it is and how it might feel if you gave your child up.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 3:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2010