do you have allergies and how do you fix it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• You can't "fix" them. Going to an allergist and getting shots however, could lessen them. They will test you to see what you are allergic to, and then I believe you have to go weekly for up to 3 years to get shots that will build your immunity to that.
    I take Claritin whenever my allergies act up. Even though it says it's non-drowsy, it still makes me tired, so I really don't take it unless I'm around dogs all day and I know my allergies will be through the roof.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you get honey that has been grown from your area, and eat that very often, your allergies tend to tone down a lot! It has to be local honey though. Local honey is raised in your area, so it has all of the pollens etc in the honey already and you will grow immunity to those allergies when you eat that local honey.

Try it, it's worth a shot, that's what I do and my allergies are a lot better, because lately, they have been horrible since i got pregnant!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I used to take allergy shots and numerous over the counter medicines that never worked and that failed to treat the root cause until about 3 years ago. I found a more natural way that controls my allergies...Grape Seed Extract, specifically Proflavanol 90. Grape Seed Extract is an anti-allergen, anti-bacterial, and an anti-viral antioxidant.
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 5:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I take Singulair...I'm also asthmatic.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have seasonal allergies. I treat the symptoms with Claritin. My son has food allergies. There is NO "fix," for those. The only treatment is total and complete avoidance and treatment of the reaction should he accidentally be exposed to an allergen. There are homeopathic allergy remedies as well.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 11:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2008