Does anybody elses MOM think that thier way is da ONLY way to raise da baby??

Miss_Angela

Asked by Miss_Angela at 11:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• both my mom, my mil, and my step mother give advice. I think it is sweet that they do... I know it is out of love. They respect the fact that I am the mom and even when they dont agree... and they make it known.... they allow ME to be the parent. So far so good.... havent done to bad these past 15 yrs.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• my mom thinks her way is best and disagrees with me if i try something she doesnt agree with. but i've told her they are MY kids and theres nothing she can do bout it
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yes deff. but I don't live with her anymore so she really can't say much.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 11:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My MIL does. So annoying. I just want to freak out and throw myself on the floor kicking and screaming sometimes.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• my mom knows I'm the mom and will give advice when I ask for it.

(which I do alot because my mom was right a lot of the time). But that's just my situation. everyone has it different.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You have to understand that they have experience raising their kids and when you have your first baby you're all but clueless. So it's only natural for a parent to step in and show you the ins and outs of raising a child. It isn't always the most productive manner to be, but some parents do believe that to save the parent and child they have to step in.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2010