Why do some women not got anywhere without their husband or SO?

I have a friend that will not go anywhere without her husband. It is really annoying. And he comes... ladies not becomes ladies + 1. I love my husband, but I also love our separate time when we do fun things we our friends.

Please explain...

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 11:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• My mother is like this. They just like doing everything together. Some are like that.
    I am like you...I like my 'me' time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I dont know. My guess would be lack of self confidence, or an insecurity about something.

I love spending time with hubs... but there IS a need for girl time!

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Seems to me that she enjoys spending time with her husband...enough that she doesn't want to be away from him. I have a friend who is like that. We make plans to go out to lunch together and she brings her husband. It's a bit odd to me, but if that's the way she wants it, then that's fine with me. We all have our quirks.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• well, i dont get to see my husband much so when he is around i wanna be with him constantly. but i am not like most wives, i love the quality time. if i could have more time with him one on one, i would
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• When I first got married I had this crazy notion that we should not go anywhere without the other but as time went by I realized how wrong I was LOL!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• it depens how how much he has been working. some weeks we see each other for about an hour all week, then the next week he will have more time off and we will spend every second we can together. however, since he does work so much, i am doing stuff without him most of the time.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 11:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If someone plans Girls Happy Hour... Is it rude then... to TELL the girls that planned it that you invited your husband and the others are "welcome to invite the husbands too" ???

These are girls that don't get together very often and I was really looking forward to girls night (I did not plan it or I would call her and say... "its ladies night"... grrrr.. now ladies +1.....completely changes the vibe.
    Niki_sd

Comment by Niki_sd (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think it's a lack of social confidence...(social anxieties).
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• There are a number of reasons why that could be, but only that person can explain "Why".
    It could be a security reason. They don't feel comfortable going out into public unless he's there to protect them.
    It could be that she's showing him off. Which could stem from lack of self confidence.
    It could also be that she really does enjoy his company that much.
    Maybe she feels that if she leaves him alone he'll cheat on her or do something unacceptable. That would stem from insecurity, lack of self confidence, etc.
    Like I said, there are a million reasons why that could be. Every women has their own reasons. I love being with my husband, but I enjoy our time apart too. So I couldn't tell you why your friend would do that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am like that but only because DH and I are friends with all of our friends and they are all couples...I feel out of place when I don't have DH with me and DH is the same way. I guess it could be annoying but no one has yet said anything about it.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:17 AM on Oct. 14, 2010