How many times a day, do you and your SO tell each other "I Love You" ?

My SO and I have been together for 11yrs. I always make sure to tell him I love him at least twice a day. He gets upset if I don't say I love you, just walking to the mail box or every time we talk on the phone! It makes me crazy because he thinks I don't say it enough. He is a good guy and great dad, but can you tell someone you love them too much?

RubyBlue82

Asked by RubyBlue82 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• we always say I love you in the morning and when i go to bed at night time and sometimes when we get off the phone with each other
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• litterally say it - maybe about half a dozen times.

but we say I love you in so many little ways that it is a constant... getting the paper for the one still in bed, making the coffee and pouring an extra cup, holding the door open, allowing one or the other to wake the kids and get the first cuddle, winking, leaving the last bite of something for the other, cuddling on the couch... soooooo many ways to say it, with out actually saying it.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think it depends on the relationship; some people say it all the time, and some people almost never say it! If you guys have always said it a lot, then I understand why your DH is used to it. My DH and I say it at least three times a day...at the end of a phone call, before I go out to run an errand, etc, and always before bed. Even if we didn't go anywhere during the day, we always say it at least twice before bed. I don't know why - it's just the way we've always been and we both like it that way.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we say it when one of us leaves, just because, at the end of a call, when we go to bed... so on and so forth. honestly i think there is no such thing as saying it too much as long as u mean it and its not just habit
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I say it when i wake up before I go to school or any were without him just in case it my last thing and before we go to sleep thats it
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• we always say it before one of us leaves or when we get off the phone. we also say it for no reason when we are spending time together. somedays it gets said twice, some days over a dozen times. i don't think you can say it to many times, every person is differnt. it takes away meaning if you feel forced to say it.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 11:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We tell each other several times a day, I don't keep count, but I would guess somewhere between five and fifteen most days.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Probably about 6 or 7 times. My DH used to say it so many times a day that I would get a little embarrassed. Now he says it less, but I am also much more comfortable with it. It is always the best when he looks in my eyes and says all gruff like it chokes him up.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 11:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• being with my hubby for 31yrs i don't have to say it every day it is the things i do for him that say i love you,
    laundry,baking,cooking his meals,drive him to work and he say i love you to me
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Several times a day.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010