Potty Training????

My 29 month old son knows everything about going in the potty he can even hold it in, but he refuses to go on the potty, when we take the diaper off he throws a fit. I dont know what to do!!!!

AmberThiele

Asked by AmberThiele at 11:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 3 yr old is doing this, i backed off a lil bit and she actually started it on her own. maybe he just wants the choice to do it himself. try getting him some training pants so he has more control
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• You might want to take a look at the 3 day potty training method. You can Google it and read about it. It is supposedly great. Just one idea.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I saw this from another mom on another question. Might be helpful........
    Here is what I did and it work within days - not that their perfect at it, but hey it was quick.
    Take one of those little kids tables and put it in front of the TV. Take the potty and put it in front of the table, put book, crayons, play doo, paints whatever you guys do. So now you have TV and something to do.
    Then sit down and have fun. When she pees and she will, not even thinking about it she'll pee. Grab her up, run her to the kitchen and give her a little dixie cup with 5 or so M&M's in it. Tell her every time she uses the potty she'll get a little cup with M&M's.

With my oldest I would give her 1 M&M the first time she went, then 2 M&Ms the second time and so on, and 5 if she pooped.
    But with my youngest I just gave her a little cup of M&M's (5 or so) and that was that. After about a week she forgot all about the M&M's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The 3-Day Method is AWESOME!! We did it with out son at 25 months, and he was trained in a day and a half!! Let me know if you're interested, I have the e-book.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010