overthinking and dwelling NO BASHING. if you cant be nice, dont respond please

I have been on anti depressants most of my life. Because of that, I've always been really good at letting things go and moving on. I went off the antidepressants when I was pregnant and had never been happier. My son is now seven months, and I've felt completely crazy ever since I had him. I can't go back on meds because my insurance changed and they won't treat pre existing things for atleast a year, including depression. Its not really depression I'm feeling, its anger. I've never been an angry person. All of the sudden I'm dwelling on things from the past and stupid little things make me mad. I can be completely exhausted and as soon as I get in bed at night I can't sleep because my mind just won't stop over analyzing things. I wind up playing wordsearches on my phone for hours to distract myself until I'm too tired to stay awake. I don't know what to do. Any KINDHEARTED advice is appretiated.

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Health

• By the way, I am not mad at my son and my husband. I still only feel love for them! :)
    GingerMom33

Comment by GingerMom33 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• The anger can still be part of your depression, just manifesting in a different way thanks to post partum hormonal changes. Post partum hormones all on their own can cause what you are feeling. I don't suffer from depression, but what helps me when I am not quite feeling myself is a little sun, exercise, and a few minutes of me time. Try a walk outside followed by a nice, long bubble bath with the bathroom door locked and some soothing music. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Can I be completely honest? I think what you are dealing with is its own FORM of depression - whether or not it's the kind you dealt with before, it's a kind of depression that's very common after having a baby, especially when you're sleep deprived and frustrated, etc. If antidepressants are not an option, the best thing you can do for yourself is exercise and/or get out of the house on your own for little bits at a time. You have to make taking care of yourself a priority, because this kind of thing can get worse fast.

I tell you this because I honestly dealt with the same thing after my first daughter was born. I had never experienced any type of depression before, and when I felt for over a year after her birth was seething ANGER at the littlest things for no reason. It was fine for a while, but it ended up almost tearing my life apart. It doesn't have to be that way, so pay attention to what you're feeling. GL mama! :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Speak with your OB/GYN or psychiatrist. They may have programs to help people in your situation out. If you have a long time doctor, they may be able to float you on samples until your insurance kicks back in.
    Plus it may not be a pre-existing condition it could be relate to postpartum.
    If all that falis find your local county hospital or clinic and get in contact with a medical social worker, they will hel pyou cope until your insurance kicks in.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 11:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Can you have your doctor diagnose you with "Anxiety" and not depression and get a script that will help
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Thats tough. The only thing I can think is you only have 5 more months to go until you can try to file with your insurance again. That means that you're already halfway there! I know that might seem like a long time to wait, but hang in there. Have you tried maybe taking something to help you sleep at night? Some kind of sleep aide? Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    sandrizzle

Answer by sandrizzle at 11:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I sympathize. I have been overthinking and dwelling all my life. It can be a problem and interfere with really enjoying life. Doctors tell me "to be my own best friend" and get exercise. HA. I don't know ....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Being depressed can give you a lot of feelings. Whether you are sad, irritable, anger, just to name a few things. It could also be your hormones haven't completely adjusted yet. Since you still love your husband and child and aren't angry at them says that part of you is on the right track. Your life has changed since you had the baby and maybe you are being too hard on yourself. When you get that feeling, remind yourself of the good things in your life, and that may make you feel better.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• maybe its not depression maybe its from being overwelmed( very understandable). It could just be anxeity. Which is still treated w depression meds but a lower dose. What if your doc list it under postpardum so its not preexisting. Or you can try a counseling method no meds. I have anxeity badly due to my adhd but I have recently learned to let things go not over analyze things by hobbies and such. Being more productive in positive ways to keep your mind from wondering. Try some sort of craft or jsut taking time for yourself reading a good book or something. I dont know how accurate my info is about postpardum or depression.... Just my oppionion/ personal experience. Hope it helps. Good luck!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Wow I hope things work out I agree with the first two post and try talking to some one I will pray for you May God keep and eye on you and your family
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2010