Okay, what's the most comfortable bed you've ever slept in?

We've decided we can't afford a temperpedic, but would really like a comfy bed that's not going to kill our backs like the one we have now. So what brands do you recommend checking out?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 11:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• Ours is a memory foam, TempurPedic and I can't sleep on anything else now. They are more expensive, but theoretically, the last bed you'll buy. Completely worth the price!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• This won't help but the most comfortable bed was in a small Bavarian hotel we stayed in on the way to an Armed Forces Recreation center in Garmisch,Germany. Our family (Air Force) went on a 3 day ski vacation. It was a feather bed.Oh my god....so soft.
    The bed I have now is a pillow top-Sealy. Nice and soft ...but not like the feather bed. Sigh......
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Lol, gerie41. I wish. Maybe I will find the phone numbers of all the hotels there and find out! hahaha. I'm so tired of restlessness and back pain!
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Honestly, the best bed I ever slept in was a makeshift one I had as a teen. How it came to be is a long story, but I really loved it. It was a box spring and two twin size pieces of foam stacked ontop of one another. Nothing spectacular about it, but the most comfortable bed I have ever had.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think whatever we decide one, we are going to buy one of those tempur-pedic mattress covers to go over it....unless the store talks us into a tempurpedic of course. lol.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• We first had a pillow top bed with a TempurPedic cover...it's just not the same. If you're able to try it first, I suggest that.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2010