why does breastfeed babyies poop stain cloths?

naiomi

Asked by naiomi at 3:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why im not so sure but the dreft stain remover spray worked wonders for me to get it out..... and for really tough stains spray and scrub with old tooth brush... never a stain i couldnt beat with dreft... ive even used it on my own clothes....
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• because its pure waste, just about everything in BM is absorbed so when they do poop its serious waste!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't know but just put the clothes in the sun and the sun will bleach out the stains really quick.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 3:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Just rinse the clothes immediately with cold water. Then when you wash the clothes putting a scoop of oxiclean in can help. That's what I do and I don't have a problem with stains. I know that doesn't answer your question of "why" but that'll help get those stains out! :)
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 4:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• b/c like any other poop, it's yucky waste! It's got stuff in it that is going to stain.
    Anonymous

• I have a bottle of Dreft hanging on my baby's hamper and I spray every spot before I throw it in the hamper. I then wash it in Dreft with a scoop of OxyClean Baby. The only baby items I've EVER had stain were the ones in the very first load I did when we came home, when I forgot I had special laundry stuff for him!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't know "why" but I had the same problem. i use a a bucket of cold water with oxiclean to throw the stained clothes in right away. If they are really bad then I use soem spray n wash first. I wash babies clothes about every other day so they never sit too long. If they don't come clean the first time I through them into the bucket again.Oh and I change the water in the bucket everytime I wash too.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2008