• In the Spotlight:

Trying to Conceive!

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the last 5 months and still nothing. I am wondering if we are trying to hard and isn't happening. Now I don't know if I should go to a doctor and see or if I am just impatient. If anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated!!

Laura1203

Asked by Laura1203 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You are being impatient and yes you probably are trying too hard. Stop having sex for a week. Enjoy the break! Lol. Then just have sex whenever! And you should also get those ovulation sticks and make sure you are having sex when you are ovulating.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I've heard that it can take some younger couples up to 3 years to concieve. And actually, that happened to my husband's parent's with him.
    I wouldn't go and see the doctor until a year passes. They wouldn't do anything until that amount of time has passed anyways. If you're not charting, and taking your temp, you could start doing that. There is a book, called "Taking Charge of my Fertility" that I have heard can be very helpful.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Relax? It's been less than half a year and relaistically you're probably psyching yourself out. Our bodies have a funny way of giving us the exact opposite of what we want. Take a break...chart your cycles... and relax.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008