Has anyone been hired through SITTER CITY?

I was thinking of making a profile, and advertising my availibiltiy to care for someone's child since I'm home with my little ones. If you've been hired through this site, I simply wonder how it all worked. Did the family have you sign a contract? How did payment/taxes work?? Did you have a background check?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, I got one part time job through sittercity and one through care.com. I do not have a written contract with either family. One family takes taxes out because the mom deducts what she pays me and one does not because it is only once a week with them.. I had a background check posted on my profile. But I think you can wait and do it if the family requests it. I also got my fingerprints done for one family.

If you apply to a job just be careful about giving too much info too soon. Meet in a public place for a first time. I met people at a local coffee shop first. Then when we felt there might be a match I visited their home. Also, do not give out any personal phone numbers or address until you know you are dealing with someone you like. It's all just common sense and best for everyone. Ask for references to call to ask a few questions about the family also. Message me with more questions if you like. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• MORE.........It's best if you reply to the ads through the messaging system of the websites. Sometimes people will ask for your email and phone. it is not a good idea to give that out until you message with them a few times and see if there might be a match. These cautions are all on the two websites as well. Again, send me a private message if there is anything else I can answer for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I was. My first to babysitting positions I got through Sittercity.com. Both momĀ“s lived on my street and I was under 18, so they did not ask me to get a background check or anything of that sort. None deducted taxes, one paid me cash and the other one in checks.. I love both families and still have contact with one of them to the day!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010