She just doesn't ever want to go to sleep

My 2 yr old has always been a horrible sleeper. But now I signed her up for gymnastics so some nights she doens't want to go to sleep. Like now it's midnight and shes still livin it up. I do what everyone says and do a calming bedtime routine, and than dim the light and don't play with her but it doesn't effect her at all! Anyone else had kids with horrible sleeping problems or is it just me?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine just turned 3 and still doesn't sleep through the night. The only way I can get her in bed before 11pm is to give her melatonin. Honestly I would talk to the doctor, that's what I ended up doing. It sucks I know, I haven't slept through the night in over 3 years now.
    mamakenzi

Answer by mamakenzi at 1:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Does she have a nap? I had to take naptime away for my 2 1/2 year old and now she's in bed every night by 8:00! She does still get up around 4 so I have to lay with her but I'll take it!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yea my 2.5 yr old doesn't sleep threw the night either yet :-/ But what do you give her?? I've never heard of that. And I've tried taking nap time away and she ends up passin out at like 6 and gets back up at 8 ahhhh but I'm thinking about cutting her nap down to like 30 mins or something! Thanks for all your advice!!!
    Trishy7

Comment by Trishy7 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010