Just curious, my hubby is always teasing me about how I am going to poop when I give birth. How common is that really?

Mils312

Asked by Mils312 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is common, but I've given birth twice and did not.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i personally dont know anyone that did..but i hear it does happen
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Well i think i have ... kinda gross... so i think it may be common...
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LOL I hear it is commom I guess it depends if you have a bowel movement ready to come out. When I had my first child I wasn't even thinking about pooping but later my dh told me I di I was so embarrassed but not that much bc it's common.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i did with both my delivers......its common to do
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• That was my BIGGEST fear. That I would and hubs would see it, and not beable to look at me the same.
    He promised me I didnt poop... thank God.

THEN.....

about 3 yrs later... at a party.... drinking.... he told me I DID!!!!
    I was soooo embarassed.... but I also thought what a great man I have to lie to me just to save my feelings... even though he couldnt have just held it in until death do us part... but oh well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• all 3 of my friends who had kids all have pooped when in labor...although its not like it is a lot...I never did then again i didnt get to the pushing part
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• No one I know has, but I was also worried about that when I was prego! But I think even if it does happen your bring a baby into the world that is going to be the last thing on your mind and/or anyone elses. The nurses know exactly what to do if that happens and I bet would get it right out if it did happen. I just won't worry about it!! I freaked that I would be all worried about a room full of ppl looking at my whoha but I could truly care less!!! The only thing on your mind when your giving birth is gettin that baby out... and quick!!! Good luck!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 12:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Common.
    Nothing wrong or unusual.
    Even expected.
    You might not notice, or care~~

Tell him to plan on it. Focus on important things now, please.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I did....but honestly, it wasn't mortifying or embarrassing in the slightest. When you are at that point in delivery, no one cares!!! The nurse doesn't care, your hubby doesn't care, etc. There is too much going on and too much emotional/physical tension. The nurse wipes it away in about a second, and I honestly wouldn't have even known it happened except that my epidural was wearing off and I felt it.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010