Now that my son is one & off formula, when he wakes up crying in the middle of the night does anyone give them cold milk or do u warm yours up as they r crying for it???

sissaymay

Asked by sissaymay at 12:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always warmed it while they were crying-I think it is better for their systems if it is warmed to at least body temperature. The microwave just a couple of seconds or they have great little electric bottle warmers now that heat it in just a couple of minutes-the warmth also helps them go back to sleep better.
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 1:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• There is no reason for him to be getting milk in the middle of the night at this age. I would give him water. That is what I did with my daughter and after 2 nights of being given water in her bottle, she slept through the night.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 1:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I agree with JMmama; I would just give him water. I know it's hard and he may not like it the first time, but he doesn't need milk in the middle of the night, especially as he starts sprouting teeth. It's probably more of a comfort thing than anything, so you can warm the water up a little if you like, but giving him water is a good step to weaning him off of the middle-of-the-night thing entirely. GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• sure someone will have something bad to say but at one I took him off the formula and broke him from the bottle. He still woke up in the middle of the night once. ( he never used a bottle during the day) I gave he a capri sun and he went back to sleep a few nights he stop waking up. My son didn.t like whole milk for a long time. even now I have to mix it with something.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 1:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My kids rarely woke up in the middle of the night after they turned 1 and if they did they never got milk or anything.  They either went back to sleep on their own or they got a cup of water.  Actually they usually had a cup of water already in bed with them.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Thanks everyone :) im stopping the milk n trying the water hope it works i need sleeeep :)
    sissaymay

Comment by sissaymay (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010