My son is a year old & I still can't just put him down to sleep in the crib...he wants me to hold him & put him to sleep....how do I break him out of this?? I have a husband and a 3yr old so I can't make him cry it out like some people suggest I do help pleasee he's so super clingy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's so adorable. He obviously needs that closeness to feel safe and snug, in order to sleep. Don't deny him that. He'll grow out of it soon enough and you'll miss it
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• SOmeday you'll miss this so enjoy it for now...what a great gift you dont know you have
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 1:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The only way I know how to make it stop in cry it out. I have heard several people recommend the No Cry Sleep Solution book.
    mamakenzi

Answer by mamakenzi at 1:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sounds normal. My 18 month old nurses to sleep and his big brother didn't stop until he was 2, and even then he needed me to lay down with him. They're only little for so long, it doesn't last forever.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2010