Are your kids in Band?

If so, what instrument do they play? And do you have to nag them to practice?

CometGirl

Asked by CometGirl at 1:17 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My son just started this year and plays the Saxophone. He doesn't have practice at night currently but I imagine once this year moves on he will. He's pretty excited about it so I'm hoping its not an issue at all.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son plays the flute and he practices everyday. He would practice all day long of I let him. I am amazed by his dedication. He wants to be like this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfrKqFp0Zg

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes, I have one that plays a clarinet and one that plays a trumpet. My littlest loves her trumpet and comes home and plays it all the time. However, my oldest doesn't play as much and says its boring. I would love for her to play in marching band but shes kinda hesitant. I'd say 20 minutes a day would suffice you dont want them to hate it.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• She used to play flute in the band, but scheduling conflicts at school prevented her from being able to take band this year.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes, she plays flute in 5th grade and was in honor band. This year, she's in 6th grade band and wants to audition for an after school band group at school. She's practising hard these few days for the auditon.
    JessieLim

Answer by JessieLim at 1:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My daughter plays the saxaphone. She always has practiced before I get home.
    jenn1172

Answer by jenn1172 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son is interested in playing the trumpet. Around here "band" (with instruments) starts in 5th grade. He's really excited about it!
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 4:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My ten year old twins just started playing in the school band this year! One plays the clarinet and the other plays the oboe:) They are very excited about it!
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 10:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Trumpet... and yes she needs to practice a LOT more than she is!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010