my 3 year old wants to be fed

What's up with that? Is that normal or is she just being lazy lol?

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 1:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's probably an attention gimmick. She wants to play. Or if there is a new baby, etc, that could be why. Encourage her to eat like a "big girl". Maybe try to have her help prepare dinner with you so she feels more inclined to act like a "big girl".
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• That's just attention seeking! Kids quickly figure out what's important to parents and they know how easily they can manipulate to get what they want. This is totally about attention! I run across this question frequently with the mom's that I work with!
    First of all, you need to realize that she isn't going to starve herself. She may miss a meal or two, but will not starve! Then, you need to stop feeding her. Just tell her that you're not going to do that anymore because she knows how to do it herself. Saying that she's a big girl doesn't usually hve much power in these situations! This is all about attention!
    When you decide to do this, you have to be strong and realize that she may not eat much for a few meals, but will get hungry enough to eat. If she's doing this kind of attention seeking, you may say something like "When you're done eating we can play......" Don't say it as a bribe. Just something you'll do
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Has a new baby come into your family recently? or any sort of change in the household? if so, there is your answer. Could be just wanting or needing some more attention.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Mine is doing that too! It's driving me nuts! I haven't a clue what's gotten into her, nothing has changed. Well when you figure it out let me know.
    mamakenzi

Answer by mamakenzi at 1:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Its a possibility that it is a power thing. It is something she has control over. Even something as small as moving her to adult dishes from her toddler ones can make child antsy. My daughter did this when we started potty training. She is fine now, but I am sure she will do it again soon as we transition her to a toddler bed.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Mine did that when I had another baby...he also took her bottles even though he hadn't had one since he was 1...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2010