Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should we do????

My family has been planning and praying to move out of state for many reasons, but we have been biding our time for financial ones.
Now, we HAVE to move soon, because our landlord is selling the house we currently rent. Our income is barely getting us by, BUT my husband's job may have a promising future within the next few years...SO...our choice lies in:
a) Remain in the region we live now and wait out my hubby's job opportunity or job search, not leaving the state until he DOES find more $$, even though our child will be older and have more to leave behind.
or
b) Make the big move now, since we're moving anyway and start over without the security
or
c) ???

 
boomamma

Asked by boomamma at 1:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 16 (2,496 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • The way the unemplyment rate is right now I would think it might be best to stay in the region you are in and see what develops with your DH's job. You say it might have a promising future. He can always see what else is out there while he holds on to this job. I wish you all the best with your decision and will be thinking of you.
    elizabr

    Answer by elizabr at 3:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • That's a hard decision to make. I think you should still in the region where your husband work. I would wait until I have more money before moving out of town. If I had to pack more kid stuff. I would just pack it plus, you have to find a place to live out of town first have something lined up. I wish you luck and I'll pray for you and your family.
    TwannaB.

    Answer by TwannaB. at 2:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • I'd definitely stay in the area and have him stay in his job till the economy improves.
    mollgirl

    Answer by mollgirl at 5:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • Stay with the secure position - don't make a big move based on fear.
    Dr.Donna

    Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • I agree, stay where you are until you have another job to move too.....with the unemployment rates being at record highs it could be a huge mistake leaving a paycheck
    Mom2Jack04

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • I agree with mom2jacko4
    imsupermoma

    Answer by imsupermoma at 9:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • Can he find another job elsewhere before you move? That would be option C.
    HotMama330

    Answer by HotMama330 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

  • I would hold tight and see what happens
    jazzymom190

    Answer by jazzymom190 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2010