my dd has been throwing up all nite...

shes 20 months and just starting tonite shes been throwing up. About 8-10 times in the last 2 hrs. No fever no diarrhea. Ive given her water to keep her hydrated but what else can i do?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• DS went through the same thing, we finally had to take him to the ER. They gave him a med that stopped the vomiting. All they could tell us was that he had a stomach bug. I hope your little one starts feeling better soon. It makes you feel so sad to watch them go through any sickness. Good luck to you.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• when did u have to end up taking him? 9 times throwing up..isnt that a lot within 2 hrs for a toddler?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'd definitely take your child in to the ER... like now.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would go now. If it goes on too long the problems start building up. Let us know how she is later. You'll be in my prayers tonight.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• went through pretty much the exact same thing with my son last winter when the whole swine flu epidemic was happening. My SO was super paranoid that our son was going to get it and when his mom and dad and other son all got the flu at the same time and my son was just at their house the day before he went on high alert and told me to be also. Well that night I had just fed my son some dinner and he was sitting on our bed playing in the sheets and threw-up his dinner all over our bed. We rushed him to the ER right away and as we sat in the waiting room, he continued to puke every 10 minutes while he was still running around being his usual ornery self but than he came and sat in my lap and just kind of collapsed. I freeked the fuck out and started screaming that I wanted him to go back and see a doc ASAP. They wound up transferring him to a childrens hospital and he continued to puke for many hours even after the meds.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• They thought he had an inusception (sp?) but turned out he did not. He finally stopped puking the next afternoon and they discharged him with no explanation as to what was really wrong. After a couple days, he was back to his old busy self but that scared me a lot!! Take her just to be safe, I did sooner than you and I'm glad I did.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• shes still being herself. No fever she is laying down but it is bed time for her anyway her nephew is sick too and is barelyu getting over it with the same thing
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If she is still having wet diapers, then I think you could wait to take her the the ER. But get anything ready you would need in case you decide to take her. Give her small sips of liquid every few minutes. When you get into a cycle of vomiting like that too much liquid at once can make you barf even more. Watch for listlessness. Wet diapers is the main thing to watch for. No wet diapers, take her in!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• thats what i was thinking. Shes peeing like normal no explosions in her diaper. My nephew had it and it lasted 24 hrs and hes fine i think its just a virus going around my family. She hasnt thrown up in about an hr so thats good ill keep an eye on her keep giving her water. :) thank u all!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 4:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Try giving her Pedialyte instead of water, because it will help to keep her electrolytes balanced. It also has some sugar to keep her brain going. She may or may not keep it down, but keep trying. You can also try Saltine crackers.
    Hopefully it's passed now! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010