My daughter's closet is color coordinated.Could that be a sign of mild OCD, or is she just REALLY organized?

frmmommy2mother

Asked by frmmommy2mother at 2:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• IMO, I would say she is very organized. A very good trait to have. I also, color coordinate my closet to find clothes faster. I am far from having OCD. I just like things organized so I know where things are.

Organizing your closet is not a sign of OCD, unless she has other signs of OCD. For example...

The two main symptoms of OCD are obsessions and compulsions. Obsessions are thoughts, impulses or images that come to mind over and over again. The thoughts and behaviors a person with OCD has are senseless, repetitive, distressing, and sometimes harmful, but they are also difficult to overcome. he obsessions or compulsions of OCD cause emotional pain, take up a lot of time, or strongly disrupt the person’s normal routine of work, school or social life.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It could be OCD if that is not the only thing that she is showing. My closet is color coded but so is my whole house. But I have OCD.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• organized
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 3:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It could be both, but this is never a bad thing!

Answer by older at 6:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Maybe it's just a sign that she's very, very concerned with how to dress for school/social events, and wants as few impediments to the perfect outfit as possible.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Organized. As a teen I had every shirt color coordinated with it's hanger and put into sections. I had about 50 concert t-shirts and I labeled each hanger with the name of the t-shirt then alphabetized them. It's just helpful.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• More likely organzied to make picking out clothes easier. When I worked in retail all my clothes were color coded. If she does other things to make it look like she is OCD then I would question it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• She's crazy. Just kidding. Every closet in my house is organized that way-3 girls. It's just easier to find and match things that way!
    nova8

Answer by nova8 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• organization skills IMO
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Super organized!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2010