Is this the early signs of labor? adult content

I have had stomach pains all day today and have had a hard time breathing. I took a warm bath but still do not feel any different. I feel extremely tired and I have been having diarrhea all day. Could this be the early signs of labor coming its way?? I am 37 weeks 5 days

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Definitely the diarrhea is. It hit me when my contractions were about 5 mins apart. Contractions feel like the absolute worst menstrual cramps you have ever had and they don't let up at all and they get worse and worse as time passes. Start timing them, Mama!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Could be. Have you tried drinking a glass of water and laying down? Low amniotic fluid and dehydration can bring on contractions, and a glass of water can help alleviate them. Are the pains coming and going? Start timing them from the start of one to the start of another. If they start getting closer together, you need to get ready to head to the hospital (or wherever you're delivering). Fortunately, 37 weeks is considered full term.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would call L&D and ask one of the nurses to be on the safe side too. Good luck :)
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010