How do I get a mother to get a 2 yr old off baby food?

Logans father and i have taken Logan off of baby food. His mother refuses to do it. Logan easts just fine for us, I mean its a little difficult and it takes A LOT of time. His mother refuses to take him off of the bottle and babyfood. Ive done research and talked to nurses and everything i can think of. But she absolutely refuses to put the effort into it. Its beginning to make Logan sick! His stomach cant handle baby food one day and regular food the next. Any hints will be more than appriciated!! Thank you....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you thought about taking her along to one of the dr. appt's and having the dr explain that to her?
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I know this is really extreme, but you could report her to CPS if its harming him and she's only doing it to be selfish??
    Anonymous

• Does she have any good reasons why he's still on baby food?
    Anonymous

• He is way to old to be on baby food and a bottle and to be switching back and forth like that is not healthy! Is he the only grandbaby. It could be because Grandma just does want her grandson to grow up!! Not that any parent let alone wants that to happen..but guess what? There is nothing we can do about it. It is going to happen. *it is time to let him be the big boy he is.* maybe you can sit down with her, and tell her *he will always be her baby!* but it is time to let him grow up, and teach him that it is time to be a big boy to help him grow strong and healthy!*
    How often she see him..? If it dont stop, you might have to tell her, that she wont be able to watch him until she can back you and your huband on things you decide for your son!
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'm confused...is this your step son? If it is, whether you think this is right or wrong, this is an issue between Logan's father and Logan's mother.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think you're mistaken. My daughter is two this December. My daughter still has a bottle - usually in the morning and at night -- and has solids through the day - it doesn't "tear her up". Why on earth would gentle mushed food be an issue? How could that be worse for his digestive system? Its just blended up instead of letting it chew it himself.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Maybe you should look at what "normal" food you're feeding him? Maybe something is too hard on his stomach - red meat, dairy, etc... certainly no fried foods or fast foods. It could just be what you're feeding him. I'm just having a hard time seeing where gentle, easily digestible baby foods are really the issue.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008