Would you move if you had a joint custody arrangement?

Our attorney said it wouldn't violate our court order since it wouldn't be out of state. It would be about 3 hours away. My stepson and his biomom have a really rocky relationship that it seems like neither of them really want to get better. My son has said he doesn't want her around, but he is too young to decide that. His mom is involved just as much as the court says she has to be, and even then she schedules all of her appointments and runs all of her errands on their time together and leaves him with her boyfriend or mother. I know that she wouldn't put forth the effort to try to see him. I mean, she is supposed to be responsible for half of the transporation for his visits now, but she always has some reason why she can't. I know that would mean us driving 6 hours twice a weekend to get him to and from. I don't want to move, but my husband thinks this would be a good way to phase her out.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would go ahead and move. If she is supposed to be responsible for 1/2 the transportation, then move and "enforce" it. Give an "excuse" for why you can't take him out there/meet in between. Make sure she does what the court order says. If she can't, then she is out of luck.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 8:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2010