Can someone give my info about the Army National Guard pls?

My sister told me her husband is thinking about joining the Army National Guard. She and I wanted to know some general info from people other than the recruitor. So some questions are...

Is there a housing allowance for married couples?

After tech school, are you guaranteed a job when you get back home?

How much do you get paid while in Basic Training and tech school?

When can you transfer over to active Army?

Does the Army National Guard pay for you to fly from your job(he works out of the state he lives in) you had when you signed up, to your home for drills?

He makes 3,000 a month right now with his current job, would joining the Guard bring his income down alot?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• my brother is in the Ntional guard, my husband is active, and there is a BIG difference. She will not get a housing allowance unless he is deployed. My brother drives to his drills once a month and I think he has to miss work that friday. He makes a little bit of money, maybe 150 a month? I am not sure on that so dont take my word for it. He was sngle when he went through basic and ait, so he did not make the amount of money yours would. You can look up military pay charts to see what he will make, also housing allowance for the time he is away. They go with the active guys I beleive, so they could send him anywhere. I havent heard of alot of people transferring to active duty, They dont need alot of people at this time, so it would most likely be difficult. national guard is only 2 weeks a year, so he isnt going to miss work that much to take a big pay cut, but we are at war, so he might get deployed to Afghanistan.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• also they have to give him his job back whenever he has to leave for training or if he deploys. if they dont have children just look atthe pay charts and he will get the +1 dependent rate. I think if he really is just wanting to be in the military, he should just go active. My husband has been gone allll year and I can still say that it was a great decision for us. !but! we never brought home that kind of money like your bil is....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Perhaps you can post your question here Army Reserves & National Guard or read some of the questions there that someone has asked already.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• f
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 8:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2010