Anyone have a home remedy for insomnia?

msm2010

Asked by msm2010 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Health

• Melatonin. It worked well for me.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 5:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If I have a lot of things racing through my head during the night I write them down and it helps me "put them away" so I can think about them the next day. I also find warm milk really does help a little. Maybe it's just the distraction of getting up and doing something I think might help. I have also read that it's very important to have a set bedtime routine and stick to it. You might want to Google your question for other ideas. I took medication for quite awhile for insomnia but have recently weaned myself off of it because it made me groggy in the AM. I wish you all the best
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• From time to time i am not able to sleep..due to the busy day i have had or the worries of the kids or whatever it may be that is going on in my life that day..basic stress..lol..anyways i do take the tylenol pm's from time to time..to help get some sleep..it says to take 2 b4 bedtime but i think 1 is fine to take..(.it's not addicting ) and i usually fall asleep with in 30 minutes or so....how ever i do not always do that..i have found a better way which is try drinking some warm tea with rose petals..or lavender tea u can find it at any grocery store i think..i buy mine at kroger's or martins..walmart should have it also...hope you find something that helps...best of luck to you!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010