Is this weird??

I'm 29 weeks pregnant and the past week Ive been finding it hard to taste stuff.....like everything tastes plain kinda like when you have a blocked nose except I don't. I quite often have had that horrible mettalic taste in my mouth during the pregnancy but nothing like not being able to taste things.....weird??

MeAndLo

Asked by MeAndLo at 4:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Uggh I had forgotten the metalic taste until you mentioned- that is truly the worst thing I've ever tasted and what sucks is there's nothing you can do to stop it!!! I imagine its what battery acid must taste like. I've never experienced or heard of losing your sense of taste while preggers. I did have a lot of food adversions while preggers though. Where foods you have always loved suddenly make you want to hurl at just the hought of them or smell of them. You could ask your dr about it but I'm sure its nothing to worry about.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm not worried just slightly annoyed I can't taste alot of things lol, wondered if anyone else had had it. And as for food aversions, yep, thats crap as well!!
    MeAndLo

Comment by MeAndLo (original poster) at 5:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• nope not weird, i was like that too roughly around 30wks. after that food tasted like nothing, then the ice craving started. my word i ate a ton of ice the last 8 wks.. i was induced 2 wks early with cole. had the ice craving for like a week after he was born, then things started tasting normal again. mercifully i never had the metalic taste, from what ive heard its ghastly.
    colesmomma1981

Answer by colesmomma1981 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Hey hun how r u? Havent spoke for a while! Glad Im not going mad then lol, its not all the time either just seems to be certain stuff. x
    MeAndLo

Comment by MeAndLo (original poster) at 3:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010