Green Stools-4 yrs old

I have a 4 yr old daughter..and on occasion lately she has been having green stools. Todays was even weirder because when I went in the bathroom to help her after she went poop and I wiped her it was brown and green and on the paper it was kind of discharge looking with green tinge...I know this is TMI for some, but has this ever happened to anyone? What could this be?
Last night she ate nothing green, just some spaghetti with sauce and half a meatball. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Juice, Kool-Aid (especially Grape) and frosting can also tint a stool. This may take 24-48 hours for the body to process - did she eat anything "colorful" with in the last couple of days?

My son is so multicolored, that he's actually proud of it! But... if it does worry you, give your doctor a call. Good luck.
    GNMom88

Answer by GNMom88 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You shouldn't worry, my four year old boy has the same thing for months now, it's just that their systems are being cleaned. My son is perfectly healthy. But, if you are not really comfortable you should give your doctor's office a call just to make sure everything it's ok!
    GOOD LUCK! LOL
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 4:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• We had the same thing and it was caused by colored animal crackers
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I dont think she ate anything that was colorful or anything like that..shes very picky about what she eats..so she basically eats the same foods everyday...It was just odd to me because she will have a green poop 2-3 times, then it will return back to normal then green again..I was like what the heck is going on..lol...Im going to monitor this a little bit more for the next 2-3 days and see what happens...Thanks ladies!!!
    Anonymous