No period yet after getting Mirena IUD, should I be worried?

(sorry if this isn't where I should post this.)

At least I don't think I've had one. During the time where they said it's normal to bleed I did a little, but nothing that to me said "oh I'm on my period." Although it has been awhile, but there was no cramping or anything.

We didn't DTD before I got it at 6 weeks PP, Just wondering I guess if anybody else went straight to no period after getting on this IUD. I go in for a pap on the 25th so I'll make sure all is well then, I feel the string.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Lol I bled for 6 months straight on mine.

Good luck with that. Mirena is the devil. I'd have totally went for Paraguard if I were you.

Take care!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I didnt have a period for 2 years while I was on the Mirena. I loved it!
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 7:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I love Mirena! I did bleed for a few weeks off and on for the first month or two. After that, I didn't have a period at all. Every once in a while I'll spot for a couple of days, but that's about it. Have a light or no period at all is very common with Mirena. I've had mine for 4 years now, and I'm still loving it. :) You can always buy a pregnancy test to calm your fears.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 7:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I never had a period while on the Mirena. I also never had a sex drive...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 7:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Many women lose their periods when they have Mirena. It's one of the perks!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I guess the 60 lbs I gained in 6 months and the miscarriage I had at 19.5 weeks directly after having it removed was a "perk" as well. =/
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 4:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010