Giving it some thought

What is God like, to you? PLEASE, if you don't believe in Him, pass this one up. As much as I respect your opinions, this one is to encourage those who either want to know more about Him or know Him and can help the rest of us who are walking by faith. Plz keep it clean. Thank you.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Kristi not every place is healthy , I know been there done that route and so glad I am not there anymore.

Who is God to me? He is my Father, my Papa, my Abba , my Daddy! His Love protects me, His grace flows through and around me, His mercy falls like sweet rain upon me. His eyes are full of His fiery love for me, His heart full of overflowing compassion for me. He is with me always, picks me up when I fall and looks upon me as His princess,.daughter and child! I am precious, beautiful and amazing! I am His joy and delight! His joy overwhelms me and His love melts me. Without Him I am absolutely nothing, with Him I am everything! He sees me as His precious jewel that shines and glows in the light of His amazing Son! Yes I am forever His and He is forever mine. I am INSIDE HIS heart and He is INSIDE MINE! Hallelujah! He IS worthy to be Praised!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• (Deut.32:4) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; Righteous and upright is he.
    (Isa. 63:9) “During all their distress it was distressing to him. . . . In his love and in his compassion he himself repurchased them.”
    (Psalm 19:7) The law of Jehovah is perfect, bringing back the soul. The reminder of Jehovah is trustworthy, making the inexperienced one wise.
    (1 Tim. 1:11) “The happy God.”
    (Titus 1:2) ....God, who cannot lie,...

PinkLentil

Answer by PinkLentil at 6:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• God is the everything and nothing. The right and the left. The up and the down. The "good" and the "bad". God is all that is. There is nothing else. God is so big you can't miss!
    circle_of_life

Answer by circle_of_life at 8:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• God to me is all merciful and kind. He is always with me in the good and in the bad, and my personal relationship with him makes me stronger and I am never alone.

Answer by older at 8:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• God is faith. If you don't have faith, you don't have God.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 9:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm more of a pantheist... I don't really view God as being personified or having human characteristics... my concept of God is more akin to the energy that forms the universe.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• No insult intended, but I figure most gods humans have made to believe in over the centuries all take different forms as we've depicted in art and statues, etc. The Christian god has the sort of Zeus in the clouds look in many artworks. Personally if there is such a being, to me its natural form is some sort of formless, yet intelligent energy mass that we can't fathom at this current time. They may take human form to communicate with us, but I don't feel its their natural form.

As such though, that does imply it is a biological lifeform, not a god. A god is something beyond our comprehension as a lifeform, if such things do exist.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You know there are plenty of religious groups for helping others get to know him.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Jevhovah Jireh and Lahai Roi
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• G-d is our Creator, He is the perfect, omnipotent being that created everything simply out of love. He doesn't need anything from us, all He wants is to have a relationship with us but allows us to determine the degree and conditions of that relationship through our free will. He has no physical form, he's a purely spiritual being, when the Bible says he created us "in His image" it doesn't mean two arms, legs, eyes and a nose. It means that, as opposed to other creations, He "breathed" into us a piece of Him, the soul that allows humans, and only humans to make moral choices, to be "partners" in Creation and to grow spiritually. He always look out fro us even if sometimes it seems He's being "harsh" just as a father can sometimes be harsh for the sake of his child. As one rabbi once told me: "G-d made us have children so we could experience a small example of His feelings for us".That's A LOT of love...

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010