Voting?

Are you goning to vote or sit it out? I am going to vote and tell all my friends to vote. Certain political cults scare the crap out of me. I am a fraid there conservative ways will end up as a burning cross in my front lawn.

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 6:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sounds like you need new friends.

Yes, I am going to vote and I will encourage all of my friends and neighbors to vote as well, regardless of their choice of candidates.  Local elections have a large impact on your community and your vote does matter, especially in local elections.  Because of the electoral college, a vote for a president might not make as much difference.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think people who don't vote ate total assholes with the excption of people like IhartU who consiously choose not to vote as part of a viseral revolution. I can totally dig that.

I don't vote cause i am afraid of "conservatives" taking over, i vote cause i want to share my opinion and because it's my civic duty.

When i was s kid my mom had a pin/button that said "If you don't vote, you can't bitch".
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LMAO!!!  I bumped you up for the HILARITY of it all!!  If I said that  about Obamabots, you'd of had a field day with me!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LOL! I thought it was funny too! OP, if you HONESTLY feel this way..conservatives and cross burning fears...then maybe you shouldn't vote. Voting is a huge responsiblity requiring a measure of basic street smarts and the ability to research the candidates and the issues. It sounds like you are just going with the propaganda.

I always vote. It is my duty and my PRIVILEDGE as a citizen. Besides, my military hubby is willing to spill his blood for me and you to have that priviledge...know way I am letting him down!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• "I always vote. It is my duty and my PRIVILEDGE as a citizen. Besides, my military hubby is willing to spill his blood for me and you to have that priviledge...know way I am letting him down!"

Exactly what I was going to say!! :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• laughingyou're hilarious

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I vote in every election and encourage everyone around me to do the same

When I explained to my daughter that women were the last group to get the right to vote...and how blacks fought & died to get that right...and how many DON'T vote

After asking WHY and not getting the answe she wanted she said...

I don't understand grown ups

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm voting. My dad was in the military, my husband was in the military, and I have many friends currently in the military trying to protect our freedoms.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I always vote. If you eel that way, it is even more reason for you to get out there and vote.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Voting is very important if you care about your country. You have to vote for the people with values and if they dont get voted in at least you can say you did your part. If you sit back and do nothing anyone could get voted in and your votes do count!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2010