what did you usually eat for lunches while pregnant?

I feel like I'm not eating right, though it's not too bad. Breakfast is usually cereal, or oatmeal. Follow w/yogurt and apple for a snack. (haven't been doing this the last week though.)
Lunch, I'll usually make an egg, cheese, spinach sandwich on wheat. Sometimes I'll have a handful of mixed nuts. I'm not a big lunch person either way you look at it. So what kind of suggestions do you have?? Is something like, just cheese and whole grain crackers with some fruit/veggies sufficient? I usually munch throughout the day, and of course, dinner is the biggest meal of the day. I'm bad about getting protien, I'm not a big meat fan and don't go to the nuts very often.
I'm looking for healthy and easy. ;)
Thanks for any suggestions!

mrseum

Asked by mrseum at 3:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I was all about grilled chicken sandwiches on whole whea twith cucumbers and ranch dressing. You are eating so much healthier than I ever dreamed of eating while preggers. (I threw up a lot so it did'nt matter what I ate lol) One of my favorite suppers while I was pregnant tho was a loaf of crusty french bread and a little baby brie and either green apple slices or really crunchy red grapes. My doctor tols me as long as I was making an effort to get a variety of foods in over a week to eat what meade me happy. I'm not a big junk food eater not pregnat so junk food was'nt a problem while I was.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• everything...*laughs* I'm sorry but that is the God's honest truth
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yum, I love crusty french bread. I could always almost finish it myself. lol. I thought Brie wasn't allowed? Maybe it is. I've never personally had it. I'm 13 weeks, and (I shouldn't say this, I'll jinx myself!) I think I'm starting to get over my all-day nausea....
    Grilled chicken... I could try that, but like I said, I'm not a big meat person. lol. Pre-pregnancy I could make chicken and then only take a few bites. Now i try to eat more because I know baby needs protien.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I LOVE cheese... And you can find pasturized versions of almos tanything these days. I had a horrible itme with not being able to eat sushi. It was killing me. Wiht my oldest I spent a lot of time with a bowl of miso soup and a pack of california rolls. The ginger helped me keep it all down. Ohhhhh, it was so nice. Keep in mind the simple things are often quick and healthy. How about a grilled cheddar on WWbread and a cup of tomato basil soup? A tuna melt with some celery? Any salad is an awesome source of all the nutrients you need if you just put the right things in it. How does spinach, mandarin oranges and almonds sound to you? You can toss in half a grilled chicken breast and top it with a light balsamic...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Ohhh and another great salad, spinach based is wiht strawberries red onions with raspberry balsamic dressing...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Thanks! I'll have to try salads. I'm always bad about making them. and I LOVE california rolls! But of course I'm staying away from any sushi. If I want some, I'll make my own version called Kimpap without any fish. (hubby is Korean. ;) ) grilled cheese and tomato I think I can do. The tomato acid might bother me, but I can try it once and find out!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If the straight tomato soup is causing you problems try a tomato bisque...Or a Creme of tomato. There a couple of options out there. The easiest thing to do with salads is make them at the begining of theweek and keep individual portion sizes around. Then just add the crunchy stuff and dressing right before you eat it. And remeber there are lots of fishes you can eat, you just have to limit how much or how often. I loved a nice big chunk of grilled salmon with vidalias and lemon and some black pepper. OMG, I'm getting so hungry...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It doesn't sound like your eating anything bad....maybe throw in a few more veggies though.
    Anonymous