SCARED!!

I TOOK A HPT ABOUT 20 MINUTES AGO AND IT CAME OUT POSITIVE!! I AM SO HAPPY N EXCITED!! BUT THE ONE THING THAT IM WORRIED ABOUT IS MISCARRIAGE. I HAD A MISCARRIAGE 2 YEARS AGO SO NOW IM WORRIED THAT ITS GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN! I KNOW I SHOULDNT FREAK OUT BUT I CANT HELP MYSELF!! WHAT SHOULD I DO TO DISTRACT MYSELF FROM THIS BAD THINKING?

BABY312

Asked by BABY312 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• clean... that's what i usually do when i need distracting. or a hobby of some kind.

pretty much anything that will take your mind somewhere else.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 7:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I know it's going to be hard to not worry, but this is a different pg and everything is going to be fine. If you need extra reassurance, call your OB, I know mine is very good about this sort of thing and will see me whenever I'm worried. Try to stay relaxed and think happy thoughts :) Congrats!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 7:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You should make an appointment with your ob. I had a history of miscarriage and they put me on progesterone shots until I was 12wks. Now I'm in my 25th week with a healthy baby girl. Good luck!
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Can't worry over something that might not happen. Just take care of yourself and let your body do it's natural thing. See your doctor on your regular appointments. Just be happy. =]
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Its hard not to worry when you've been through it before, I know. But it is possible to have a healthy pregnancy after a miscarriage. Just try to stay positive & think about that sweet baby being just fine :) Talk to your doctor & express your concerns. Just try to stay occupied so your mind doesn't wander. Congrats!!!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Try to keep calm and try not to think the worst. I had a mc and Im now 29wks with a baby boy so you can get past it, congrats and gd luck x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 12:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010