My baby is 3 months old and hates to take a bottle. I have tried everything he will not take it for his father with out a good fight.

naiomi

Asked by naiomi at 3:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ? Is he breastfed?? Sometimes breastfed babies will NOT take a bottle, because it's not the same. You may have to try out a few different kinds to see what he likes best. Adiri makes a breastbottle nurser. I've read comments and it seems like kind of a pain to fill, ect, but it looks kind of like a boob, and baby might like that better.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 3:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I used to use a .... I think it was a NuK bottle that was for breastfed babies...that may help 'cuz the nipple was designed to be the same/similar to how the nipple is while the baby is breastfeeding.
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The playtex drop in bottles worked well for us when transitionin gback and forth.If he still refuses to take a bottle at all you can try spoon feeding him milk. It's tedious and can be messy but if you are unavaiable to feed him it will work. Ive also heard of "rag" feeding. You'd have to research it more but if I recall correctly it involves a sterile "washcloth" and letting the baby suck milk from it. I don't know how much I would trust it, but I'm sure you could google it if you wanted.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• if hes breast fed. r u putting YOUR milk in the bottle or formula? you should put ur milk in the bottle if u havent tried that.. but if its formula u should just try different nipples
    Anonymous

• Don't know what you have tried, but a couple of tips. Try different nipples. Try different locations (baby may see something in the room that reminds him/her of you and then want the breast). Try dipping the nipple into the breastmilk/formula then feed. That way the nipple smells like milk, not rubber. Make sure it is warmed,but not too hot. If you are breastfeeding, he's used to a certain temperature. Also, have daddy hold him closer to feed. He may be used to being craddled by you depeneding on what position you BF or bottle feed.
    Anonymous