how long did

if you went into labor on your own....how long were you in the first stage of labor? They say that it can be the longest stage and can last for weeks. I am fairly certain that I started the first stage last night but it seems to be dragging along. I am 36 weeks Today.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 7:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is this your 1st baby? My 1st I was in labor for almost 19 hours. My 2nd was about 4 hours and my last was barely 40 minutes! Good luck momma!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• From the time my water broke to when I was having serious contractions was about 3 hours with both of my kids. However, with my first I was having mild contractions 10-15 minutes apart for about a week. Go into the dr- if you are only 36 weeks you should try to delay your labor for at least 2 more weeks if safe and possible.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 7:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• This is my Third Pregnancy. I seen the Dr. on Monday who said that at this point, she won't stop my labor. I am in a lot of pain with contractions and back pain but nothing consistant. With my first I was in the beginning stages for almost two weeks. I have friends in my NOv group that have been in the first stages for over a week already.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My whole labor from first contraction until birth was 7 hours. I had nothing before to tell me a thing. I went from how I felt for all 9 months to in labor at 2 days past my EDD.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I didn't have labor, but my sister was in labor with her first for 49 hours and 23 with her second. Sheesh!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My spontaneous labor was pretty short, relatively...

Are you working to optimize fetal positioning, reducing anxiety, etc?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• mine was 7 hours with my 1st child, 2.5 hrs with my 2nd, and 8.5 with my 3rd. With my twins, they took the longest which was 14.5 hrs.
    laurenandtyler

Answer by laurenandtyler at 12:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2010