Not BF and no birth control how long after you had your baby did you get your period back

I am almost 7 weeks PP and still haven't got my period. Me and my husband had sex one time with out using protection 3 weeks after I had my baby. He pulled out, but now I am starting to get worried cause I haven't got my period. I was just wondering if not getting it by 7 weeks is normal or if I have something to worry about!! Starting to freak out!!

Jaxsmommy2008

Asked by Jaxsmommy2008 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stopped bleeding after 2 weeks after having my son, I then went 3 weeks (my normal schedule) before I got my first period! I think it also depends on your cycle.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you are breastfeeding, you shouldn't get your period. My son is 10 months old and I have only had my period like twice (I am breastfeeding).
    Anonymous

• Oh i just re-read your question. "NOT BF" Now I see. Yeah I think it depends on your normal cycle.
    Anonymous

• So does your cycle start when you stop PP bleading?? Or does it start as soon as you have the baby?? I am so confused, and I am scared to death to buy a pregnancy test!!
    Jaxsmommy2008

Answer by Jaxsmommy2008 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Just take the test... you'll feel so relieved either way just knowing the answer. I just recently took one myself and it's great just having that DEFINITE answer and not always having to worry or wonder.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 4:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I believe it startes after the pp bleeding, you figure you didn't bleep for 9 months and your body is getting rid of all of that, so when your done you can go back to regulating and getting back onto a normal schedule! I can understand you being scared but sometimes it's better to know either way! Good Luck
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• if you are breast feeding its very normal to not get a period -
    i would however find a way to protect myself if i wasnt yet ready to get pregnant again
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think it depends on the person, I got a short period about 3 months after my daugther was born, then just spotting until she was 14 months I just got my period back..
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2008