Why are people who can't afford OPK test or HPT trying to have a baby?

I was just wondering if I am the only one who thinks this way. I see it so often it makes me wonder how they are going to raise and support a baby if they can't buy a test for $1. I am sorry if I offend anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• well, you don't need OPK to try to have a baby, that's just a waste of $ in my opinion.

but I do kinda agree with if you can't afford a HPT, you can't afford a baby.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately we do not get to decide who should and should not have babies. I know a variety of women who get pregnant and sit on welfare. They get more money the more times they're knocked up. Who would'nt want that? (insert sarcasm)
    If you can't afford the 15 dollars for a HPT how the hell are you going to afford diapers, and a crip, and a car seat, and clothes, and food and college? You're not and it's going to be another poor child that pays for their idiot parents lack of judgement.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Maybe they are just having a hard time right then at their period of time and know that things will be getting better, or maybe they weren't trying it was merely a surprise from God. I don't know I don't know the story and situation of everyone out there
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lol we don't get to decide who does get pg but we can sure be annoyed at people who are irresponsible.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I would love to know where you getting these tests for 1$. As far as the snobbery goes my husband and I can think of more than a few times when a HPT was not in the budget and we are not on assistance, we're TTC and our children are very well taken care of. What a sad world we would live if everyone had such an elitest attitude. My children may not grow up with silver spoons but anything they don't have that their peers have will only serve to make them stronger and more appreciative of what they do have, something seriously lacking in this world!
    Anonymous

• Exactly. How the hell can you people judge anyone on if they are capable parents financially based on if they buy their pregnancy tests for a buck at the Dollar Tree (I named the place for the person who was wondering where everyone's getting a test for a buck) or purchase the same stupid tests at cvs for 15 bucks?Are you serious with this thread? Are those tests better? No. Are they a waste of money when you can use the money for other things? Yes. If you have the money to piss away then fine but my husband and I don't. We live in NNJ 5 minutes from midtown--first of all which happens to be one of the most expensive areas to live in. Our money goes to our 3 bedroom house and the bills that come with it. Who are you to pass such naive judgement, especially when the economy is is like it is..... I think we're SMARTER to save money and put that saved money into other things.
    Anonymous

• Second of all times are tough and why WASTE 10-15 bucks on these tests when you might use them a lot more when you're ttc and go through more of them? I happen to have a very good job, managing a store and making alot more then a lot of people I know.....but I'll be damned if I'm gonna get ripped off.....I don't need to pee on a stick for 10 bucks when I could pee on 10 different sticks instead. Use your head, instead of spewing out rediculous ignorant judgmental comments.
    Anonymous

• wow! some of you ladies have a very superficial way of deciding who should be a parent. I have 3 children and i've never bought a crib, carseat, expensive clothes. people who are thrifty don't need to buy evrything new and believe me your baby doesn't care. i think all of the people (even me) should take a moment to ask themselves if this is even a responsible time to have children- kidnapping, economic uncertainty, molesters and all the sick things that happen in general, maybe it's irresponsible and selfish of all of us- i'm just saying people who want children and are not able to buy a pregnancy test are the very least of the issue-safety is the issue,keep'em safe & loved who cares if you can buy a test you'll find out sooner or later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Some of the most wonderful people I know would not be here if their parents based their conception on their ability to buy a pregnancy test. Are you saying they should have never been born?
    ibbryant

Answer by ibbryant at 1:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I just don't understand how people can keep trying to get pregnant when they are not financially stable themselves. I know too many people that keep having kids and living on the system. I know around here that you have to get a job when your child reaches a certain age. What do many of these women do....Go get pregnant again and sit on their rears for a few more years. I don't think that you have to be rich or have enough money to give your child all the newest toys or newest trendy clothes, but you should be stable enough to provide food, diapers, clothing, and a warm & safe place to live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2008