Alrighty! I'm packing and I need your help!

I know this has been posted many times before but I want my OWN responses. Lol. What are the essentials to take with me when I head for the hospital??

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I took a loose outfit for me to wear home, toiletries like mini shampoo, mini conditioner, mini body wash, tooth brush, tooth paste. and slippers.

The hospital can provide you with basic toiletries, but I like my brands :)

I also took a book to read while baby was sleeping. I took crocheting with me for my last baby and finish her blanket while in labor LOL

I never packed a lot for me. I did pack way too much for baby though :) especially since they give you diapers and samples of everything.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• soap, makeup, shampoo, (you will feel much better if you take a shower after birth)
    comfy clothes and shoes to go home in
    car seat for baby, going home outfit for baby, pjs for baby while in hospital
    camera (ask your hospital if they allow movie cameras because some only allow still-frame)
    phone list of who to call after delivery with the news
    if you are formula feeding bring bottles and formula (or ask the hospital what they will provide)
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Pads and underwear. It was my preference both times to wear my own stuff. Jammies for after the birth. List of phone numbers, Camera. CARSEAT!! Outfit for the baby, preferably with some sort of pants so the baby's legs don't chafe in the carseat.

Good luck :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• pads that YOU like, the hospital gives you thick brick pads. Everything else you probably already know...cell phone, phone numbers, etc.camera, fully charged batteries,,if you think you MIGHT not need but may, take it.Just the little things. Paper and pencil, something to keep notes on.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lol i've seen this question! i guess...for yourself - toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditoner, bodywash(unless you want to use the hospital things, thats ok too), shaver? (its up to you how much you shave), change of clothes to leave the hospital, perfume and a lotion (depends if your into moisturizing) and DO NOT forget your cell!! lol. camera/camcorder, hairbrush (you may not feel like doing much so its up to you if you want brushes and makeup)

baby - a bottle, change of clothes to leave hospital, jacket (if your in the cold) pacifire, make sure you have a carseat in your car, (do it correctly, nurses may check it), socks, (diapers and stuff like that, they will probably send you home with), heavy blanket or light to put over the carseat to avoid sun.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I took diapers, wipes, some baby clothes( like onesies, baby socks, and some sleep and play outfits), and baby blankets. I took a really cute outfit to bring her home in. For my self I took shampoo, body wash, tooth brush, tooth paste, deoderant, hair brush, and of course you'll want to wear something comfortable. So you might want to bring a night gown or some comfortable pajama pants and a shirt and some comfortable panties. You might want to take you some sock or some house shoes. Oh and of course the most important thing of all.....don't forget the camera. LOL!
    Anonymous

• i always had to pack for 3days. so i would pack and am going to pack.

me--clothes loosefitting, socks, slippers, book or puzzle books, shampoo and things like than.

baby--they give you diapers and wipes but i pack wipes cause i hae the ones they have. clothes for a couple days, blankets and socks, pacifier. they might have one but if you want your baby to get used to a spacific(SP?) one then you might want to bring it with you.

then ofcourse camera and phone nimbers to call everyone to let them know your baby has arrived and how he/she is.
    Anonymous

• (TMI ALERT!)

Haha. Everyone is saying "bring your own pads and underwear!"......As if! I'm not sure if it's normal or not but I was bleeding so badly for days after giving birth, I would've been changing pads and underwear every 15 minutes. I was so thankful for their pillow-sized pads and disposable underwear!!

Bring yourself something to do (puzzles, books, etc.)....Most of the time you'll probably be exhausted, but there are still times when you might be bored. And snacks and drinks!! I got the munchies something awful, and there is nothing good about hospital food! (I tried to eat breakfast the morning after....and from then on I'd call someone who was on their way to visit and have them bring me Wendy's or Japanese, lol)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 5:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• vakatia -- Seriously make up? That was the last thing on my mind after pushing out a watermelon! :)
    Anonymous

• I brought pads and underwear, but it was just easier and cleaner for me to use the hospital. It was SOOO MESSY after with blood everywhere. I wore the hosp gowns and undie thingys and used two of their pads at a time plus the ice pack. I didn't want to get any blood on MY jammies! :) I even tooks some of their undies and pads home with me to use.
    Anonymous